If your Xbox one headset Mic is doesn’t works, but you can hear the sound .In that case try these following steps to resolve this issue.
Make sure your headset is not muted.
Check that the orange LED light next to the Mute button is not on.
Restart your Xbox One console, by power OFF and power ON.
Re-associate your controller with your profile.
- Press the Xboxbutton to go to the Home
- Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Locate your profile and select Choose this person.
Verify the NAT type for your network.
Network Address Translation (NAT) lets you hide your IP address from devices that are not on your network. For more information about NAT, see the “Current network status” section at Network settings on Xbox one.
Test your Xbox One Chat Headset.
To test the headset, start a party (requires Internet connectivity) to test the audio:
- Sign in to Xbox Live on your Xbox One console.
- Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.
- UnderParty, select start a party.
Note: If you can’t start a party, check your connectivity by using the Xbox One
Multiplayer Game Solution.
- Make sure your mic is not muted in Party Chat.
- Make sure the volume is turned up.
- Speak into the microphone.
By All these steps, if your Headset is working, then you can see the ring around your gamerpic light up.
If all these steps doesn’t Work, Then Check the Headset Using the Skype app.
Step 6: Use the Skype app to test the headset.
You can use the Skype app to test your headset. By Following,
- Sign into your Skype account.
- Select the Skype
- Select People, and then select the Echo / Sound Test
- Select Voice call. Skype will try to connect your voice call.
- The call will ask you to speak into the mic and will repeat what was heard.
If these troubleshooting steps didn’t solve the problem, Then you may need to be replaced the headset.