Steps for reset the Microsoft account password:
- First we need to open the MSN website that is outlook.com
- Choose can’t access your account
- You will get 3 options:
- i) I’ve forgotten my password
- ii) I know my password, but can’t sign in
iii) I think someone else is using my Microsoft account
I’ve forgotten my password:
- If forgot your password and you need to reset the new password mean you can go ahead for the first option.
- And enter your email address which you want to reset the password
- And type the verification character and click on next
- You will get the recovery options, if your contact number is configured with your email means, you will get the contact verification process. Once you enter the verification code. You can reset the password.
I know my password, but can’t sign in:
- If you know the password, you can choose this option and you will get a same verification process. Once you done the process your account will be retrieve it.
I think someone else is using my Microsoft account:
- This option also combined with the above 2 options.
- If you don’t have any recovery option, you can choose the alternative option like “I don’t have any of these” and enter the alternative email so that you will get one code.
- Once you receive the code enter it and you will get a recovery form. You need to fill the enough details in the form and submit it.
Note: This option may or may not work for some email address
- If this option works you will be getting a reset link to your alternative email address. Click on that link and reset your password.