Difference between POP3 and IMAP
POP3 and IMAP are two different protocols used to access email.
In that two IMAP is the better option, when we need to check our emails from multiple devices, like as a laptop, a home computer, or a tablet, smart phone, and another mobile devices.
POP3- Post Office Protocol
- We can use only one computer to check our email.
- Our mails are stored only on that computer which we use,and not of other devices which we configure that email.so we need to download all email again when using another desktop PC to check our email.
- Sending and Outgoing mails only stored locally on your PC, not in a mail server.
- It may get confused if you need to check email both in the office and at home.
IMAP- Internet Messaging Access Protocol
- We can use multiple computers and devices to check our email.
- Our emails are stored in the server, so downloading can be done in all other devices which we configure that email address which is very useful to us. No need to download all email when using other desktop PC to check our email.
- Sending and outgoing mails stay on the server so we can see it from any device.
- It is easier to identify the unread email.